Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Names

Hello again, friends and families! I'm still here, and have just been pretty swamped taking care of a sickly Kathryn and her stomach-baby. Lately, my motto has been, "Hate the pregnancy, love the baby." Wait, hang on...

Okay, I'm back. Ironically enough, I was called away to attend a nigh-puking Kathryn. (Actually, I didn't type "wait, hang on" before going to help her, if you're wondering why someone would keep a sick pregnant woman waiting while he finishes a thought. I typed it in after I came back because it was just too appropriate.)

Anywayz, despite all the sickness and tiredness, we're excited about baby and you'll undoubtedly be hearing all about it on here.

I'll kick off the baby-blogging by asking for a little help with names. Specifically, boy names. Girl names seem easy to me, because you just end them with -ylie or -era or -va and they sound pretty. Piece of cake. But boy names, that's harder. I'd like it to sound masculine enough, without being overused, and it has to go okay with the name Peebles. Sure, those last two apply to girl names as well, but still, for some reason, we're finding boy names harder to add to our list of potentials.

So I thought I'd turn to my fan-base for a little help! I'll get the ball rolling with a few leading contenders, and then maybe we'll get some good suggestions rolling in. Sound good?

Here's what I've got so far:

-Floribert (I think maybe it's Italian or something... seriously, this one really grows on you)
-Phoseph (You know, if I wanted to honor myself, but in a subtler way than Joseph II)
-Gandalf (No one would dare mess with someone wielding a powerful name like Gandalf)

So... post a comment with your ideas! If you don't, I'm likely to use one of the aforementioned names!

3 comments:

Nathan T said...

You've got to take advantage of your last name, especially cause its a boy. "Free" would be cool.

Heather said...

I've always been partial to more traditional names for guys, for some reason. Stephen, James, Robert, something like that. I might avoid aliterative names like Peter, though.

Or, if you wanted something more quirky, you could name him (or her, actually) after a popular children's toy and call him Weeble.

joe.peebles said...

"Free Peebles" - hmm... that one could grow on me.

Weeble Peebles. That sounds like something I should threaten to change his/her name to when they break something expensive around the house.