Friday, April 17, 2009

COWPIE #3: Worldwide Issue Song

It's here! COWPIE #3 and my song. I'm so pumped - music writing is fun!

The prompt: Create a song, no longer than one minute, addressing an important global issue of your choosing.

I chose global warming! Or sustainability. Though, to be perfectly honest, I really thought we didn't want to sustain the warming of the planet. Whatev.

(Note: There is now a video inserted, though originally I just did the song for the contest. This is me coming back later and adding the video that Kathryn later put together since a widget I'd used to play the song in the first place no longer works.) After you listen, check out Kathryn's entry and listen to her song, and then vote (once) in the comments on one of our blogs to select the winner!

I'm posting the words here in case any parts of the song are hard to understand. You might try just listening first so you don't spoil fun surprises! Don't worry, you'll want to play this song several times anyways (at least), so there will be plenty of opportunity later to make sure you understood me correctly (which is important, of course, so that we all do our part). Also, this or this might help you understand the reference at the end...




Lyrics
Is it getting hot in here, or is it just me?
There's nasty greenhouse gases and rising seas
If something doesn't change we'll all be cooked alive
Don't know 'bout you but that ain't how I wanna die

We've got to take action before it's too late
There's polar ice caps melting while you hesitate
Let's change the policies that are too lenient
Move it or lose it - the truth is inconvenient

(So now let's...)
Go green, save forests, use better bulbs
Check tire pressure on those vehicles
Reduce, reuse, recycle, but what is more
You've got to believe the power is yours

(Earth, fire, wind, water, HEART!)

You've got to believe the power is yours!

6 comments:

Cory said...

Well if the contest had been humorous global issue song, Kat would have run away with my vote. As it is, I'm going to have to go with Joe. Very cool song, dude!

Anonymous said...

joe, you get my vote for sure. this was fantastic!

kathryn said...

You get my vote. I think we should stick to doing songs together - I'm much better off being on your team. :)

Heather said...

I choose this one - plus, you did it on my soapbox topic, so bonus points.

Emily said...

Kathryn, your song was creative and hilarious! I have to vote for Joe's song though. Awesome job, my bruthuh! That was really cool!

www.ibuykorea.com said...

very nice blog~ ^^
do you know Seoul, korea?
i live in Seoul, korea~
if you're interested in Korea...
Feel free to visit me~~
Thanks a lot~
Have a great day~ ^^