Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Ready, Set, COWPIE!

Hello, patient ones! Sorry I've been so long in lobbing some near-awesomeness up into the blogosphere, but all your waiting is totally about to pay off. Kathryn's already posted this on her blog, but I'm posting it on here to doubly pump up the hype. (If you've already read this on hers, make sure you read the end of this, because I'm writing some stuff after what she wrote, and Google Analytics is watching!) Without further a-doo...

Get Those Noses Ready...
Introducing the first installment in another quality creative endeavor: our brand-new Contest Of Weekly Peebles’ Internet Exchanges! Yes, COWPIE! What’s more, you get to be a part of the magic and fun!


Every week, the Peebleses are challenging each other to a duel. One of us (this first week is Kathryn) will choose a topic for both of us to blog about, and then we will commence preparing our blog entries. Have a challenge suggestion? Leave it as a comment!

The Rules

-Written contests have a 500-word limit.
-Blog entries must post to websites at 12:01 AM every Thursday.
-Votes (this is where you come in!) must be cast by 11:59 PM every Sunday night. Go vote on both of our blogs, but vote the same on each!

The First Challenge

Write about a funny story from childhood.

Not an April Fools Joke. Seriously.

You may be looking at your calendar and noticing that today is April Fools'. Rest assured, that has nothing to do with this. I'm about as serious as I usually am in saying that. But really folks, COWPIE is a real thing that we're going to be doing. If it were an April Fools' joke, then I wouldn't go to such great lengths to convince you that it's not. Even I know that's not funny.

But, in the spirit of April Fools', here's a real April Fools' joke.

I recently won a Nobel Prize! After I saw that all it took was a cool Power Point slide-show, I was inspired to make a video about the dangers. You know, all those really dangerous ones that are totally making the planet a sucky place to live. So yep, I met the President and the UN and scientists and stuff like that, had all the vegetable and fruit trays a guy could possibly want, and what's more, got this really cool plaque that I'm totally going to buy a shadow box or something for. And...

Psych! APRIL FOOLS'! Y'all, I totally was making all that up! Seriously! I bet I totally had you going. Next year, I bet you'll be on your guard. Won't matter, though, on account of I'm such a crazy character.

Anyways...

I guess I should make one final push for COWPIE. I hope you're as excited as we think you should be! Butter up some popcorn, wash the dog, and get ready, because COWPIE debuts in less than 24 hours! Kathryn, you best check yourself, because it's ON.

2 comments:

kathryn said...

Now Joe, Gore didn't get the Nobel Prize for a PowerPoint Presentation. It was a Keynote Presentation. Everything is more awesome when done with a Mac. ;)

Funny Interview Video Contest said...

If you have one of your own funny interview stories enter ICT’s
Funniest Interview – Video Contest

And win a Grand Prize of $1,000