Thursday, April 23, 2009

COWPIE #4 - T-shirt bleach stenciling contest!

Howdy folks, and welcome to another quality installment in our COWPIE series! This week's challenge:

Make our own t-shirt designs using bleach stenciling.

This particular prompt gave me a unique opportunity to blend the worlds of philosophy and fashion in a way that only a person with such little respect as myself for either world could possibly even imagine. As such, I make quite the many-layered statement (alas, if only I'd worn layers to deepen the metaphor), as you will soon see below. Not only that, but my particular approach to sticking it to the people who stick it to the man is particularly clever, if I do say so myself.

That self-said, I present you with my latest "piece":


Before I leave you to ponder the depths you've just been awakened to, let me show you Kathryn's next...


So there you have it. Enjoy, and be sure to vote for your favorite! Tune in next week for our challenge of making a 15 second television commercial for something you’d use on a daily basis (can be real or made up). Later!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe, you are getting better at this game. I have to vote for you again this week. Wasn't so sure about the UNI-BOMBER expression on your face, but i like the shirt.

Didn't understand why Kathryn would pick a dinosaur, then remembered that she was a nut about them when she was five.

Kathryns mom

kathryn said...

I believe that expression is meant to be "Blue Steel" (from Zoolander).

rk said...

both shirts are awesome, but joe's is more ridiculous. which reminds me, what makes for the "best" in this category? I would more likely wear kathryn's, but yours makes me laugh more. i suppose i am undecided at this point.